Archive for the tag 'Friends Burial Ground'

It is reputed to have been in use since 1660. There are references in 1670 and 1677 to an adjacent Quaker meeting-place, occupying ‘three messuages in St Mary’s Street’. Two of these cottages (timber-framed) still exist, and as “16 and 18 St Mary’s Lane” are Grade II Listed Buildings – see the British Listed Buildings website [...]

Comments Off CherryPie on Jul 19th 2022