To save rushing around last Tuesday, making pancakes was saved until Saturday lunchtime.  I decided to give the new Bamix its inaugural outing.

In order to get the batter really smooth I made the mistake of slightly angling the Bamix whilst I was beating the batter.  I managed to spray batter all over the wall, the cupboards, the scales, the cooking utensils hanging on the wall, the working surface, the cooker, the cooker hood…

… and all over Mr C who was standing close so that he could add more milk to the mixture…

There followed a “tense” moment before we both enjoyed the funny side of the situation…

Luckily the pancakes topped with sugar and lemon were delicious!

16 Comments CherryPie on Feb 17th 2013

16 Responses to “The Dangers of Pancake Making”

  1. angus dei says:

    Should have used the Pancake-omatic CherryPie:)

  2. ....peter:) says:

    It sounds like you had a great adventure until you have to clean up Cherie…
    Penny made blueberry pancakes yesterday in a bowl with wooden spoon… no mess just a great breakfast… ha ha…peter:)

  3. rusty duck says:

    It looks like a beast of a weapon Cherie…

  4. There are those who say that engineering should be left to engineers… :)

  5. james higham says:

    Cherie, you’re a terror at times. :)

  6. liz says:

    As long as they tasted good!

  7. Ha ha… “Just add milk” premixed pancakes are easier to make!
    Thou I usually do mine from scratch.
    Yea, the Delia’s way!

    Oh yes, speaking of her.
    I went to Norwich this weekend!
    Have you been there before?
    So much to do and see there!

  8. Astrid says:

    Why do I have a picture in my head of all the batter, all over the place….. I think you are quite dangerous with that black thingy…….
    As long as the pancakes tasted good, you are saved :)
    Thanks for sharing the story.

    • CherryPie says:

      LOL I will try to be more careful next time and remember not to lift one edge of the beater out of the liquid ;-)

      I was chuckling for ages at my own stupidity…

      You will notice it was safely unplugged in the photo!